CozyBlanket 1.3 introduces the Gallery with 5 new actions, customizable UI, EditMesh commands, Extend Boundary, Draw Strips and Bridge gestures, vertex pins, transform tools and more.
Included in Retopology Pack:
- Action Gallery: New menu containing all actions that can be used with the Pencil.
- Action items can be dragged into slots in the toolbar in order to use them.
- Double tapping an item quickly adds it to the toolbar, replacing the item below the separator and rearranging the remaining items accordingly.
- Tapping and item once shows a Help panel with a video and extra info about the selected action.
- Actions in the toolbar can now be rearranged:
- Drag items from the gallery into a small slot in the toolbar to add a new button to the toolbar. The toolbar can hold up to 14 slots. Small buttons take one slot, large buttons take 2 slots.
- Drag items from the gallery into an existing button to replace the action of that button.
- Drag an item from the toolbar into any empty space in order to remove it.
- toolbar configuration is preserved between sessions.
- ExtendB: Extend Boundary Action
- Draw a continuous path of 3 or more boundary vertices to activate ExtendB. When moving the camera, ExtendB creates a new quad strip attached to the boundary selection.
- ExtendB reports the number of vertices and edges in the active boundary.
- Pressing clear will cancel the next ExtendB action.
- Pressing Extend will do a single strip and preserve the boundary for continuing creating strips.
- Pressing Extend Once will create a single strip and clear the active boundary.
When “Automatic Steps” is active, ExtendB will create strips while moving the camera.
- ExtendB can also be activated with the Pencil action by drawing a line over 3 or more vertices of the same boundary.
- StripD: Draw Strips Action
- Drag from a boundary quad edge to begin drawing a quad strip. The quad strip will follow the stroke and merge with existing quads.
- StripD can also be activated with the Pencil action by holding down a boundary edge without moving the Pencil.
TransfV: Transform Vertices Action.
- TransfV creates a set of vertices and locks their transform to screen space. Vertices can be moved, rotated and scaled over the model by moving the camera.
- TransfV reports the number of vertices in the selection and the vertices that can successfully be snapped into the model after the transformation.
- PinFlip: Pins and Pin Flip Action
- Pinned vertices are rendered as a yellow circle.
- Pinned vertices won’t be affected by any relax or move action.
- Pinflip can add or remove pins. If the PinFlip action starts over a pinned vertex, PinFlip will remove pins. Otherwise PinFlip will add pins.
- MergeP: Merge Pair Action.
- MergeP merges or collapses two vertices by drawing a line from one to the other. Useful when creating multiple consecutive merges.
- TopBar EditMesh Panel: This panel contains commands that modify data in the EditMesh.
- Snap: Snaps all vertices to the nearest point in the target mesh
- Relax: Does a single, uniform relax step to all vertices in EditMesh.
- Subdivide: Performs and Catmull-Clark subdivision step and snaps all vertices.
- Triangulate: Triangulates all quads.
- Clear Loop Tags: Removes all loop tags.
- Clear Pins: Removes all pins.
- Reworked UI for Patch Clone
- Patch Clone now shows in a Panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Patch Clone now shows info about the cloned patch (Vertices, Edges and Faces)
- New gesture for bridge edge loops with the same vertex count.
- New gesture for partially bridging edge loops.
Minor changes and Fixes:
- Topbar panels now show the panel title.
- Fix crash when importing certain .obj files.
- Fix distorted relax when vertices are snapped to symmetry plane.
- Fix UI layouts showing in incorrect position for one frame.
- Improve performance of scene depth calculation.
- Pencil action icon does not longer disappear when switching the interaction mode. Can be removed using the customizable UI if needed.